Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Boxing Business Model - HBR did it!

They said that Latinos have three sports: football (soccer), baseball, and boxing. I love boxing! Being a Nicaraguan and married to a Mexican, I watch boxing and follow most of the light weight fighters. At the moment, my favorite fighter is Manny Pacquiao. I can't get enough of this guy! He is awesome! You can learn so much from boxing. I wondered if anyone made a business model out of this sport. Finally, I found out that Donald Sull made one, Thrive in Turbulent Markets. In here he shows the memorable fight of Mohammed Ali vs. George Foreman "Rumble in the Jungle". Not my favorite fight, but definitely in my top 5. Here he explain how to be Agile like Mohammed Ali to quickly spot and exploit market changes. Also explains how to use an absorption model like Foreman to weather unexpected threats.

No comments:

Post a Comment